Walnut Bananas Foster Recipe
The traditional recipe for bananas foster, which calls for the addition of walnuts, achieves the ideal harmony of sweet and salty flavors.
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
½ cup brown sugar
3 ounces rum
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon cinnamon
2 bananas, sliced lengthwise
⅓ cup chopped walnuts
1. Melt the butter in a big skillet by placing it over a heat source of medium.
2. After adding the brown sugar, whisk in the rum, vanilla essence, and cinnamon until thoroughly combined. Raise the heat to a low simmer.
3. After cutting the bananas in half lengthwise, add them to the pan with the walnuts.
4. Continue to cook over low heat for two to three minutes, or until the bananas have developed a browned color and the sauce has become more concentrated.
5. If preferred, serve atop vanilla ice cream before serving.
click below button for more stories