Lemon Olive Oil Bundt Cake Recipe
3-4 lemons, zest and juice
3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 ¾ teaspoons sea salt
5 large eggs
2 ¾ cups sugar
1 ½ cups mild, fruity extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup plain yogurt
1 ½ cups powdered sugar
½ teaspoon almond extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F with a center rack. Prepare a 12-cup bundt cake pan with baking spray.
2. Zest and juice 3 lemons in a bowl. 1/2 cup lemon juice. Alternatively, juice the fourth lemon. Reserve 3 tablespoons for glazing.
3. Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Put away. Beat the eggs on medium to high speed for 1 minute in a large bowl or stand mixer with a paddle attachment.
4. Slowly add sugar and beat until thick and pale yellow, about 3 minutes. Olive oil and yogurt in a liquid measuring cup. Start and end with flour and beat just till mixed on low speed.
5. Mix in the zest/lemon juice. Pour the batter in the prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes, then lower the oven temperature to
325 F for 20 to 25 additional minutes or until a cake tester comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cover the cake with foil if it browns too much.
6. Let the dessert cool in the pan for 15 minutes on a wire cooling rack. To avoid sticking, set a timer.
7. Let the cake cool fully on the wire rack. Place the cake on a dish or stand after cooling.
8. In a medium bowl, mix the powdered sugar, almond extract, and remaining 3 tablespoons lemon juice/zest to make the glaze. Before serving, drizzle the glaze over the cake.
click below button for more stories