Cast Iron Fried Chicken Recipe
1 chicken, in pieces
2 cups buttermilk
1 tablespoon hot sauce
2 teaspoons salt, divided
2 teaspoons pepper, divided
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
2 cups vegetable or peanut oil for frying
1. Mix the chicken, buttermilk, hot sauce, and 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper in a big bowl. Stir the chicken to coat it. Wrap it up and put it in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
2. Mix the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and the rest of the salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir to spread the spices out evenly.
3. Pour oil into a pan made of cast iron and heat it to 350 F.
4. Use the flour mixture to coat the chicken.
5. When the oil is hot, add the chicken, but don't put too much in the pan.
6. Let one side of the chicken get golden brown, then flip it over and cook for another 15 minutes or until the temperature reads 165 F.
7. Place on a baking sheet with a rack and keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.
click below button for more stories