At-Home Takeout-Style Orange Chicken Recipe
½ cup, plus 1 tablespoon cornstarch, divided
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into pieces
Neutral oil, for frying
1 cup orange juice
½ cup sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
3 garlic cloves, diced
¼-inch piece of ginger, peeled and diced
Zest of 1 orange
2 green onions, diced, for serving
1. Half-cup cornstarch in a small dish. Whisk eggs separately. Dip chicken pieces in egg, then cornstarch. Finish breading all chicken thighs.
2. Medium-heat 3 inches of neural oil in a large pot. 350 F oil. Fry chicken batches for 4–5 minutes till golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
3. In a big saucepan over medium heat, mix the orange juice, sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, and ginger. Stir well.
4. Stir together the last tablespoon of cornstarch and a little bit of water. Stir this into the sauce until it starts to thicken. Take off the heat.
5. Stir well after adding the orange peel and chicken to the sauce. Add chopped green onions to the dish.
click below button for more stories